Nebraska Revised Statute 85-1604
Education and schools; exempt from act.
The following education and schools are exempted from the Private Postsecondary Career School Act:
(1) Schools exclusively offering instruction at any or all levels from preschool through the twelfth grade;
(2) Education sponsored by a bona fide trade, business, professional, or fraternal organization which is offered solely for that organization's membership or offered without charge;
(3) Education provided by or funded by an employer and offered solely to its employees for the purpose of improving such persons in such employment;
(4) Education solely avocational or recreational in nature as determined by the department;
(5) Educational programs offered by a charitable institution, organization, or agency as long as such education or training is not advertised or promoted as leading toward occupational objectives;
(6) Public postsecondary schools established, operated, and governed by this state or its political subdivisions or similar entities in other states as determined by the department;
(7) Schools or organizations offering education or instruction that is not part of a degree program leading to an associate, a baccalaureate, a graduate, or a professional degree which are licensed and regulated by agencies of this state other than the department, except that such schools or organizations shall not be exempt from the act with respect to agents' permits and the Tuition Recovery Cash Fund;
(8) Schools or organizations which offer education or instruction and which are licensed and regulated solely by an agency of the federal government with respect to curriculum and qualifications of instructional staff;
(9) Any postsecondary institution offering or proposing to offer courses or programs leading to a baccalaureate, graduate, or professional degree, but whose offerings may include associate degree programs, diplomas, and other certificates based on the award of college credit, including any such institutions that were regulated prior to May 5, 2011, as private postsecondary career schools pursuant to the Private Postsecondary Career School Act;
(10) Entities exclusively offering short-term training; and
(11) Distance education programs offered by out-of-state schools authorized in accordance with an interstate reciprocity agreement for the provision of postsecondary distance education across state boundaries entered into and administered pursuant to subdivisions (5) and (6) of section 85-2405.