Nebraska Revised Statute 48-1703
The following shall be excluded from the Farm Labor Contractors Act:
(1) Any individual who engages in a farm labor contracting activity on behalf of a farm, processing establishment, cannery, gin, packing shed, or nursery, which is owned and operated exclusively by such individual or a member of his or her immediate family, if such activities are performed only for such operation and exclusively by such individual or family member, but without regard to whether such individual has incorporated or otherwise organized for business purposes;
(2) Any common carrier which would be a farm labor contractor solely because it is engaged in transporting any migrant or seasonal agricultural worker. For purposes of this section, a common carrier is one which holds itself out to the general public to engage in transportation of passengers for hire, whether over regular or irregular routes, and which holds a valid certificate or authorization for such purposes from an appropriate local, state, or federal agency;
(3) Any labor organization as defined under applicable state law;
(4) Any nonprofit charitable organization or public or private nonprofit educational institution;
(5) Any custom combine, hay harvesting, sheep shearing, or custom poultry operations;
(6) Employees of exempt employers; and
(7) Any operation which has a workforce comprised of eighty percent or more individuals who are seventeen years of age or younger and which has obtained a certificate of exemption from the department. Any operator who meets the requirements of this subdivision shall be issued such certificate by the department. The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations necessary to carry out this subdivision.
- Laws 1987, LB 344, § 3;
- Laws 1992, LB 452, § 1;
- Laws 2002, LB 931, § 2.