Nebraska Revised Statute 48-1704
Farm labor contractor; license; form; contents.
(1) Except as otherwise provided by the Farm Labor Contractors Act, no person shall act as a farm labor contractor and engage in farm labor contracting activity unless such person holds a valid license issued by the department.
(2) Farm labor contractor licenses may be issued by the department only as follows:
(a) To an individual operating as a sole proprietor under the person's own name or under an assumed business name registered with the state;
(b) To two or more individuals operating as a partnership under their own names or under an assumed business name registered with the state; and
(c) To a corporation, limited liability company, or cooperative association authorized to do business in Nebraska.
(3) An application for a license as a farm labor contractor shall be sworn to by the applicant and shall be written on a form prescribed by the department. The form shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) The applicant's name and Nebraska address, all other temporary and permanent addresses the applicant uses or knows will be used in the future, and, if the applicant is an individual, the applicant's social security number;
(b) Information on all motor vehicles to be used by the applicant in operations as a farm labor contractor, including the license number and state of licensure, the vehicle number, and the name and address of the vehicle owner for all vehicles used for farm labor contracting activity;
(c) Whether or not the applicant was ever denied a license under the Farm Labor Contractors Act or in any other jurisdiction under a similar law or had such a license revoked or suspended; and
(d) The names and addresses of all persons financially interested, whether as partners, limited liability company members, shareholders, associates, or profit sharers in the applicant's proposed operations as a farm labor contractor, together with the amount of their respective interests, and whether or not, to the best of the applicant's knowledge, any of such persons was ever denied a license under the act or in any other jurisdiction or had such a license revoked or suspended.
- Laws 1987, LB 344, § 4;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 302;
- Laws 1994, LB 884, § 66;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 128.