Nebraska Revised Statute 66-1001
Energy conservation and efficiency; legislative findings.
(1) Our present dependence on foreign oil has created a danger to the public health and welfare and a need for a dependable source of energy;
(2) Conservation is one of the most prudent means of meeting our need for a dependable source of energy;
(3) There is an urgent and continuing need for every person and business in the state to conserve energy;
(4) There is an urgent and continuing need for capital to provide the initial investment necessary to make homes and other buildings more energy efficient;
(5) It would be prudent for our publicly owned electric utilities to supply this needed capital in order to avoid the greater costs of constructing new generation facilities; and
(6) Involvement by our publicly owned electric utilities in energy conservation programs serves a public purpose.
- Laws 1980, LB 954, § 14.