Nebraska Revised Statute 43-260.05
Juvenile pretrial diversion program; optional services.
A juvenile pretrial diversion program may:
(1) Provide screening services to the court and county attorney or city attorney to help identify likely candidates for the program;
(2) Establish goals for diverted juvenile offenders and monitor performance of the goals;
(3) Coordinate chemical dependency assessments of diverted juvenile offenders when indicated, make appropriate referrals for treatment, and monitor treatment and aftercare;
(4) Coordinate individual, group, and family counseling services;
(5) Oversee the payment of victim restitution by diverted juvenile offenders;
(6) Assist diverted juvenile offenders in identifying and contacting appropriate community resources;
(7) Coordinate educational services to diverted juvenile offenders to enable them to earn a high school diploma or general education development diploma; and
(8) Provide accurate information on how diverted juvenile offenders perform in the program to the juvenile courts, county attorneys, city attorneys, defense attorneys, and probation officers.