Nebraska Revised Statute 81-15,173
Board; powers and duties.
The board shall have and may exercise the following powers and duties:
(1) Adopt bylaws to govern the proceedings of the board;
(2) Keep records, conduct hearings, and adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out its duties and implement the Nebraska Environmental Trust Act;
(3) Contract with the Game and Parks Commission for administrative support;
(4) Contract with governmental and private agencies to receive services and technical assistance;
(5) Contract with governmental and private agencies to provide services and technical assistance;
(6) Establish environmental categories for use of the funds and develop an appropriate rating system for each category;
(7) Establish ad hoc advisory boards and subcommittees;
(8) Sponsor or assist environmental proposals pertaining to the environmental categories of the board, including issuing grants to agencies, organizations, and persons engaged in the purposes of the trust;
(9) Cooperate with or assist any unit of the state, any political subdivision, or any private, public, or federal agency, foundation, or person in furtherance of the purposes of the trust;
(10) Acquire and dispose of personal property in furtherance of the purposes of the trust; and
(11) Apply for or accept any gift, grant, bequest, royalty, or donation, designate the fund to which it will be credited, and expend the proceeds in furtherance of the purposes of the trust.