Nebraska Revised Statute 77-381
For purposes of the Tax Expenditure Reporting Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Tax expenditure shall mean a revenue reduction that occurs in the tax base of the state or a political subdivision as the result of an exemption, deduction, exclusion, tax deferral, credit, or preferential rate introduced into the tax structure;
(2) Department shall mean the Department of Revenue;
(3) Income tax shall mean the tax imposed upon individuals and corporations under the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967;
(4) Sales tax shall mean the tax imposed upon expenditures under the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967;
(5) Property tax shall mean the tax imposed upon real and personal property under Chapter 77; and
(6) Miscellaneous tax shall mean revenue sources other than income, sales, and property taxes for state and local government including, but not limited to, motor fuel taxes, liquor taxes, cigarette taxes, inheritance and estate taxes, generation-skipping transfer taxes, insurance premium taxes, and occupation taxes and fees or other taxes which generate state or local revenue annually in excess of two million dollars.
- Laws 1979, LB 17, § 3;
- R.S.Supp.,1979, § 77-355;
- Laws 1980, LB 834, § 22;
- Laws 1992, LB 1004, § 1;
- Laws 1994, LB 1160, § 121;
- Laws 1995, LB 182, § 65.
- Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967, see section 77-2701.