Nebraska Revised Statute 48-413
Safety codes; adopt, amend, or repeal; Nebraska Safety Code for Building Construction; procedures.
(1) The Commissioner of Labor shall, from time to time, create advisory committees composed of employers, employees, and such other persons as the commissioner may designate, to advise him in formulating, adopting, amending or repealing such codes, orders, rules and standards. Before any code is adopted, amended or repealed there shall be a public hearing thereon, notice of which hearing shall be given such publicity as the commissioner deems necessary. The commissioner may make or cause to be made such investigations and surveys as will assist in the formulation and modification of such codes, orders, rules and standards.
(2) A safety code may be adopted as a regulation by the Commissioner of Labor and shall thereafter be known as the Nebraska Safety Code for Building Construction. A copy of this code, if so adopted, shall be kept on file in the office of the Commissioner of Labor. Any amendment or change thereafter made in such code shall become effective in this state only after public notice and hearing thereon as provided in the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Laws 1929, c. 138, § 1, p. 493;
- C.S.1929, § 48-412;
- R.S.1943, § 48-413;
- Laws 1969, c. 400, § 2, p. 1391.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.