Nebraska Revised Statute 48-2114
Violation; citation; penalty; legal representation.
(1) The commissioner shall issue a citation to a contractor when an investigation reveals that the contractor has violated:
(a) The requirement that the contractor be registered; or
(b) The requirement that the contractor's registration information be substantially complete and accurate.
(2) When a citation is issued, the commissioner shall notify the contractor of the proposed administrative penalty, if any, by certified mail or any other manner of delivery by which the United States Postal Service can verify delivery. The administrative penalty shall be not more than five hundred dollars in the case of a first violation and not more than five thousand dollars in the case of a second or subsequent violation.
(3) The contractor shall have fifteen working days from the date of the citation or penalty to contest such citation or penalty. Notice of contest shall be sent to the commissioner who shall provide a hearing pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
(4) If the contractor has never been registered under the Contractor Registration Act, the contractor shall have sixty working days from the date of the citation to register. No administrative penalty shall be assessed if the contractor registers within such sixty-day period. This subsection shall remain in effect until March 1, 2009.
(5) In any civil action to enforce the Contractor Registration Act, the commissioner and the state may be represented by any qualified attorney who is employed by the commissioner and is designated by him or her for this purpose or at the commissioner's request by the Attorney General.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.