Nebraska Revised Statute 48-2103
For purposes of the Contractor Registration Act:
(1) Commissioner means the Commissioner of Labor;
(2) Construction means work on real property and annexations, including new work, additions, alterations, reconstruction, installations, and repairs performed at one or more different sites which may be dispersed geographically;
(3) Contractor means an individual, firm, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other association of persons engaged in the business of the construction, alteration, repairing, dismantling, or demolition of buildings, roads, bridges, viaducts, sewers, water and gas mains, streets, disposal plants, water filters, tanks and towers, airports, dams, levees and canals, water wells, pipelines, transmission and power lines, and every other type of structure, project, development, or improvement within the definition of real property and personal property, including such construction, repairing, or alteration of such property to be held either for sale or rental. Contractor also includes any subcontractor engaged in the business of such activities and any person who is providing or arranging for labor for such activities, either as an employee or as an independent contractor, for any contractor or person;
(4) Department means the Department of Labor;
(5) Nonresident contractor means a contractor who neither is domiciled in nor maintains a permanent place of business in this state or who, being so domiciled or maintaining such permanent place of residence, spends in the aggregate less than six months of the year in this state; and
(6) Working days means Mondays through Fridays but does not include Saturdays, Sundays, or federal or state holidays. In computing fifteen working days, the day of receipt of any notice is not included and the last day of the fifteen working days is included.