Nebraska Revised Statute 48-1234
Commissioner of Labor; citation; notice of penalty; employer contest; hearing; unpaid citation, effect on government contracts.
(1) The Commissioner of Labor shall issue a citation to an employer when an investigation reveals that the employer may have violated the Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act, other than a violation of subsection (2) of section 48-1230.
(2) When a citation is issued, the commissioner shall notify the employer of the proposed administrative penalty, if any, by certified mail or any other manner of delivery by which the United States Postal Service can verify delivery or by any method of service recognized under Chapter 25, article 5. The administrative penalty shall be not more than five hundred dollars in the case of a first violation and not more than five thousand dollars in the case of a second or subsequent violation.
(3) The employer has fifteen working days after the date of the citation or penalty to contest such citation or penalty. Notice of contest shall be sent to the commissioner who shall provide a hearing in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(4) Any employer who has an unpaid citation for a violation of the Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act shall be barred from contracting with the state or any political subdivision until such citation is paid. If a citation has been contested as described in subsection (3) of this section, it shall not be considered an unpaid citation under this subsection until after such contest has been resolved.
(5) Citations issued under this section and the names of employers who have been issued a citation shall be made available to the public upon request, except that this subsection shall not apply to any citations that are being contested as described in subsection (3) of this section.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.