Nebraska Revised Statute 43-2609
Family child care homes; voluntary registration; department; powers and duties; payments; restricted.
(1) The Legislature finds that a system of voluntary registration would provide a mechanism for participation in the food programs offered by the United States Department of Agriculture, for eligibility to receive funds under the federal Child Care Subsidy program, for support and assistance to unlicensed family child care home providers, and for voluntary participation in training.
(2) The Department of Health and Human Services shall institute a system of voluntary registration for family child care homes not required to be licensed under section 71-1911. The department shall promulgate standards for such voluntary registration. The application for registration shall include the applicant's social security number. The department shall not make payments for child care, from any state or federal funds, to any family child care home provider not voluntarily registered under this section.
(3) The department shall issue a certificate of registration to any family child care home provider registered pursuant to this section.
(4) For purposes of implementing voluntary registration, the department may contract with family child care home associations or full-service community-based agencies to carry out such voluntary registration procedures for the department.
- Laws 1991, LB 836, § 9;
- Laws 1995, LB 401, § 9;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 221;
- Laws 1997, LB 307, § 91;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 107.