Nebraska Revised Statute 43-2205
Department; duties; collaboration.
(1) Under the pilot project created under section 43-2204, the department shall refer a portion of all cases involving children who are wards of the state in foster care or participating in the bridge to independence program as defined in section 43-4503, or both, to providers of family finding services who or which shall (a) locate family members of the children, (b) engage and empower family members, and (c) create an individualized plan to achieve a safe, permanent legal home for the children when possible.
(2) The department shall provide administrative oversight of the contracts entered into pursuant to the pilot project created under section 43-2204.
(3) A child's departmental case manager, the child's foster parents, and the provider of family finding services shall collaborate together to maximize success throughout the family finding process.
(4) The department shall carry out the requirements of the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children when achieving out-of-state placement of a ward of the court, including prompt submission of required paperwork to ensure that the family finding process moves forward in a timely manner.
- Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children, see section 43-1103.