Nebraska Revised Statute 43-2201
It is the intent of the Legislature to:
(1) Promote kinship care and lifelong connections through the process of family finding when a child has been removed from the legal custody of the child's parents;
(2) Prevent recurrence of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or other maltreatment of children;
(3) Reduce the length of time children spend in foster care;
(4) Reduce multiple placements of children in foster care;
(5) Remain in compliance with the federal Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008, Public Law 110-351; and
(6) Create a pilot project for the process of locating and engaging family members in the life of a child who is a ward of the state or is participating in the bridge to independence program as defined in section 43-4503, or both, and in need of permanency through a lifelong network of support.