Nebraska Revised Statute 43-1311
Child removed from home; person or court in charge of child; duties.
Except as otherwise provided in the Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act, immediately following removal of a child from his or her home pursuant to section 43-284, the person or court in charge of the child shall:
(1) Conduct or cause to be conducted an investigation of the child's circumstances designed to establish a safe and appropriate plan for the rehabilitation of the foster child and family unit or permanent placement of the child;
(2) Require that the child receive a medical examination within two weeks of his or her removal from his or her home;
(3) Subject the child to such further diagnosis and evaluation as is necessary;
(4) Require that the child attend the same school as prior to the foster care placement unless the person or court in charge determines that attending such school would not be in the best interests of the child; and
(5) Notify the Department of Health and Human Services to identify, locate, and provide written notification to adult relatives of the child as provided in section 43-1311.01.
- Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act, see section 43-1501.