Nebraska Revised Statute 43-125
Relative consent form.
The form provided by section 43-124 shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the person completing the form and, if different, the name of such person at the time of birth of the adopted person;
(2) The relationship of the person to the adopted person;
(3) The date of birth of the adopted person;
(4) The sex of the adopted person;
(5) The place of birth of the adopted person;
(6) Authorization that the name, last-known address, and last-known telephone number of the relative and the original birth certificate of the adopted person may be released to the adopted person as provided by sections 43-113, 43-119 to 43-146.16, 71-626, 71-626.01, and 71-627.02; and
(7) A notice in the following form:
You do not have to sign this form. If you do sign it, you are entitled to a copy of it. Your signature on this form allows the Department of Health and Human Services to give your name and other information to the adopted person designated, upon his or her written request after reaching twenty-five years of age. You may file additional copies of this consent if your name or address changes. You may revoke this consent at any time by filing a revocation of consent with the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Laws 1980, LB 992, § 7;
- Laws 1997, LB 307, § 25;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 73.