Nebraska Revised Statute 29-814.05
Search warrant; issuance on telephonic statement; duplicate original; contents; procedure.
(1) If the magistrate or judge is satisfied that probable cause exists for the issuance of a search warrant, as the result of a telephonic statement taken under section 29-814.03, and if the magistrate or judge is further satisfied that sufficient reason exists to issue such warrant by telephone, the magistrate or judge shall authorize the officer requesting the warrant to complete a duplicate original warrant which shall contain a description of the person or place to be searched, a description of the person or property to be seized, a command to the officer to conduct the search for the purposes specified, the date and time of issuance, a statement that the grounds or proper cause for its issuance is by telephonic statement, the name or names of the person or persons whose statement has been taken in support of the warrant, and the name of the judge to whom it is to be returned. The magistrate or judge shall authorize the officer to sign his or her name to the duplicate original warrant and to also sign the name of the officer thereto. A duplicate original warrant shall be deemed to be a search warrant for purposes of Chapter 29, article 8.
(2) At the time the magistrate or judge authorizes the officer to complete the duplicate original warrant under subsection (1) of this section, the magistrate or judge shall immediately complete and sign the original warrant which shall contain the information which is required for a duplicate original warrant under subsection (1) of this section. The magistrate or judge shall also enter on the face of the original warrant the exact time when the warrant was ordered to be issued.
(3) The duplicate original warrant shall be returned according to section 29-815. Upon the duplicate original warrant being returned, the magistrate or judge shall sign it and shall file it, together with the original warrant, in the same manner as that required under section 29-816.
(4) A search warrant issued pursuant to a telephonic statement shall be invalid unless the duplicate original warrant is signed by the issuing magistrate or judge pursuant to subsection (3) of this section.
(5) A search warrant issued under this section may be executed immediately upon issuance.
- Laws 1980, LB 731, § 5.