Nebraska Revised Statute 29-2285

Chapter 29


Restitution; petition to adjust; procedures.

A defendant, victim, or the personal representative of the victim's estate may petition the sentencing court to adjust or otherwise waive payment or performance of any ordered restitution or any unpaid or unperformed portion thereof. The court may schedule a hearing and give the parties notice of the hearing date, place, and time and inform the parties that he or she will have an opportunity to be heard. If the court finds that the circumstances upon which it based the imposition or amount and method of payment or other restitution ordered no longer exist or that it otherwise would be unjust to require payment or other restitution as imposed, the court may adjust or waive payment of the unpaid portion thereof or other restitution or modify the time or method of making restitution.


  • Laws 1986, LB 956, § 6.