Nebraska Revised Statute 24-505.01
Chapter 24 Section 505.01
County judge; eligibility.
No person shall be eligible for the office of county judge unless he or she:
(1) Is at least thirty years of age;
(2) Is a citizen of the United States;
(3) Has been engaged in the practice of law in the State of Nebraska for at least five years, which may include prior service as a judge;
(4) Is currently admitted to practice before the Nebraska Supreme Court; and
(5) Is, on the effective date of appointment, a resident of the county court district to be served, and remains a resident of such district during the period of service.
This section and sections 24-202, 24-301, 43-2,118, 48-153, and 48-153.01 shall not apply to a person serving as a county judge on August 24, 1979, who continues to serve as a county judge after such effective date.
- Laws 1979, LB 237, § 7.