Nebraska Revised Statute 24-301
No person shall be eligible to the office of district judge in any district unless he or she:
(1) Is at least thirty years of age;
(2) Is a citizen of the United States;
(3) Has been engaged in the practice of law in the State of Nebraska for at least five years, which may include prior service as a judge;
(4) Is currently admitted to practice before the Nebraska Supreme Court; and
(5) Is, on the effective date of appointment, a resident of the district to be served, and remains a resident of such district during the period of service.
This section and sections 24-202, 24-505.01, 43-2,118, 48-153, and 48-153.01 shall not apply to a person serving as a district judge on August 24, 1979, who continues to serve as a district judge after such effective date.
Laws 1879, § 23, p. 87;
R.S.1913, § 1160;
C.S.1922, § 1083;
C.S.1929, § 27-301;
R.S.1943, § 24-301;
Laws 1979, LB 237, § 2.