Nebraska Revised Statute 84-1511.01
Chapter 84 Section 1511.01
Board; retirement education and financial planning program; for whom; required information; funding; attendance; fee.
(1) The Public Employees Retirement Board shall establish a comprehensive retirement education and financial planning program for all members of the State Employees Retirement System of the State of Nebraska and for all members of the Retirement System for Nebraska Counties, who are under age fifty and not eligible to attend the preretirement planning program established in section 84-1511. The program may be provided to members in a single-day format, or may be provided in equivalent partial-day segments.
(2) The retirement education and financial planning program shall include discussion on the retirement system, financial planning, and budgeting as well as any other planning information valuable to employees before they reach age fifty.
(3) The employer shall provide each eligible employee leave with pay to attend a retirement education and financial planning program twice prior to age fifty. For purposes of this subsection, leave with pay means time off paid by the employer and shall not mean vacation, sick, personal, or compensatory time. Leave with pay shall be provided to each eligible employee in order that the employee may attend the full retirement education and financial planning program, whether it is provided in a single-day program or in the equivalent partial-day segments. An employee may choose to attend a full program more than twice, but leave to attend any additional single-day programs or equivalent segments shall be at the expense of the employee and shall be at the discretion of the employer. An employee may not attend a full program more than once per fiscal year.
(4) Funding to cover the expense of the retirement education and financial planning program shall be charged proportionately to the State Employees Retirement Fund and the County Employees Retirement Fund.
(5) A nominal registration fee may be charged each person attending a retirement education and financial planning program to cover the costs for meals or meeting rooms or other expenses incurred for the program.