Nebraska Revised Statute 77-5027
(1) The commission shall, pursuant to section 77-5026, raise or lower the valuation of any class or subclass of real property in a county when it is necessary to achieve equalization.
(2) On or before nineteen days following the final filing due date for the abstract of assessment for real property pursuant to section 77-1514, the Property Tax Administrator shall prepare and deliver to the commission and to each county assessor his or her annual reports and opinions. Beginning January 1, 2014, for any county with a population of at least one hundred fifty thousand inhabitants according to the most recent federal decennial census, the reports or opinions shall be prepared and delivered on or before fifteen days following such final filing due date.
(3) The annual reports and opinions of the Property Tax Administrator shall contain statistical and narrative reports informing the commission of the level of value and the quality of assessment of the classes and subclasses of real property within the county and a certification of the opinion of the Property Tax Administrator regarding the level of value and quality of assessment of the classes and subclasses of real property in the county.
(4) In addition to an opinion of level of value and quality of assessment in the county, the Property Tax Administrator may make nonbinding recommendations for consideration by the commission.
(5) The Property Tax Administrator shall employ the methods specified in section 77-112, the comprehensive assessment ratio study specified in section 77-1327, other statistical studies, and an analysis of the assessment practices employed by the county assessor. If necessary to determine the level of value and quality of assessment in a county, the Property Tax Administrator may use sales of comparable real property in market areas similar to the county or area in question or from another county as indicators of the level of value and the quality of assessment in a county. The Property Tax Administrator may use any other relevant information in providing the annual reports and opinions to the commission.
Laws 1969, c. 628, § 1, p. 2528;
Laws 1987, LB 508, § 22;
Laws 1988, LB 1207, § 1;
Laws 1989, LB 361, § 6;
Laws 1995, LB 490, § 57;
Laws 1997, LB 342, § 2;
R.S.1943, (1996), § 77-508.01;
Laws 1997, LB 397, § 45;
Laws 2001, LB 170, § 26;
Laws 2004, LB 973, § 65;
Laws 2005, LB 263, § 15;
Laws 2011, LB384, § 35.