Nebraska Revised Statute 70-1904
Chapter 70 Section 1904
C-BED project developer; electric supplier; negotiation; power purchase agreement; development of project; restriction on transfer; eligibility for net energy billing; approval or certification; notice of change in ownership.
(1) A C-BED project developer and an electric supplier are authorized to negotiate in good faith mutually agreeable power purchase agreement terms.
(2) A qualified owner or any combination of qualified owners may develop a C-BED project with an equity partner that is not a qualified owner.
(3) Except for an inherited interest, the transfer of the interest of a qualified owner in a C-BED project to any person other than another qualified owner or other qualified owners is prohibited during the initial ten years of the power purchase agreement.
(4) A C-BED project that is operating under a power purchase agreement is not eligible for any applicable net energy billing.
(5) A C-BED project shall be subject to approval by the Nebraska Power Review Board in accordance with Chapter 70, article 10, or shall receive certification as a qualifying facility in accordance with the federal Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978, 16 U.S.C. 2601 et seq., with written notice of such certification provided to the Nebraska Power Review Board.
(6) A C-BED project developer shall notify any electric supplier that has a power purchase agreement with the C-BED project if there is a change in project ownership which makes the project no longer eligible as a C-BED project.