(1) If any amount of income tax imposed by the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967 including tax withheld by an employer or payor is not paid on or before the last date prescribed for payment, interest on such amount at the rate specified in section 45-104.02, as such rate may from time to time be adjusted, shall be paid for the period from such last date to the date paid.
(2) For purposes of this section, the last date prescribed for the payment of tax shall be determined without regard to any extension of time.
(3) If the taxpayer has filed a waiver of restrictions on the assessment of a deficiency and if notice and demand by the Tax Commissioner for payment of such deficiency is not made within thirty days after the filing of such waiver, interest shall not be imposed on such deficiency for the period beginning immediately after such thirtieth day and ending with the date of notice and demand.
(4) Interest prescribed under this section on any income tax including tax withheld by an employer or payor shall be paid on notice and demand and shall be assessed, collected, and paid in the same manner as income taxes. Any reference to the income tax imposed by the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967 shall be deemed also to refer to interest imposed by this section on such tax.
(5) Interest shall be imposed under this section with respect to any penalty or addition to tax only if such penalty or addition to tax is not paid within ten days of the notice and demand therefor, and in such case interest shall be imposed only for the period from the date of the notice and demand to the date of payment.
(6) If notice and demand is made for the payment of any amount of tax and if such amount is paid within ten days after the date of such notice and demand, interest under the provisions of this section on the amount so paid shall not be imposed for the period after the date of such notice and demand.
(7) If any portion of income tax is satisfied by credit of an overpayment, then no interest shall be imposed under the provisions of this section on the portion of the tax so satisfied for any period during which, if the credit had not been made, interest would have been allowable with respect to such overpayment.
(8) Interest prescribed under this section may be assessed and collected at any time during the period within which the tax, penalty, or addition to tax to which such interest relates may be assessed and collected respectively.