Each contractor shall apply to the department for a registration number on an application form provided by the department. The application shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and federal employer identification number or, if the applicant is an individual, the social security number of the contractor;
(2) The principal place of business of the contractor in Nebraska. If the contractor's principal place of business is outside Nebraska, the application shall state the address of the contractor's principal place of business and the name and address of the contractor's registered agent in Nebraska;
(3) The telephone number of the contractor in the State of Nebraska. If the contractor's principal place of business is outside Nebraska, the application shall state the telephone number of the contractor's principal place of business and the telephone number of the contractor's registered agent in Nebraska;
(4) The type of business entity of the contractor such as corporation, partnership, limited liability company, sole proprietorship, or trust;
(5) The contractor option election to collect and remit sales and use tax on purchases of building materials and fixtures annexed to real property;
(6) The following information about the business entity:
(a) If the contractor is a corporation, the name, address, telephone number, and position of each officer of the corporation; and
(b) If the contractor is other than a corporation, the name, address, and telephone number of each owner;
(7) Proof of (a) a certificate or policy of insurance written by an insurance carrier duly authorized to do business in this state which gives the effective dates of workers' compensation insurance coverage indicating that it is in force, (b) a certificate evidencing approval of self-insurance privileges as provided by the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court pursuant to section 48-145, or (c) a signed statement indicating that the contractor is not required to carry workers' compensation insurance pursuant to the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Act; and
(8) A description of the business which includes the employer's standard industrial classification code or the principal products and services provided.
Each application shall be renewed annually upon payment of the fee prescribed in section 48-2107.