(1) All applications for state assistance under the Sports Arena Facility Financing Assistance Act shall be in writing and shall include a certified copy of the approving action of the governing body of the applicant describing the proposed project for which state assistance is requested and the anticipated financing.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the application shall contain:
(a) A description of the proposed financing of the project, including the estimated principal and interest requirements for the bonds proposed to be issued in connection with the project or the amounts necessary to repay the original investment by the applicant in the project;
(b) Documentation of local financial commitment to support the project, including all public and private resources pledged or committed to the project and including a copy of any operating agreement or lease with substantial users of the eligible sports arena facility;
(c) For applications submitted on or after October 1, 2016, a map identifying the program area, including any unbuildable property within the program area or taken into account in adjusting the program area as described in subdivision (16)(a)(ii) of section 13-3102; and
(d) Any other project information deemed appropriate by the board.
(3) If the state assistance will be used to provide funding for promotion of the arts and cultural events, the application shall contain:
(a) A detailed description of the programs contemplated and how such programs will be in furtherance of the applicant's public use or public purpose if such funds are to be expended through one or more private organizations; and
(b) Any other program information deemed appropriate by the board.
(4) Upon receiving an application for state assistance, the board shall review the application and notify the applicant of any additional information needed for a proper evaluation of the application.
(5) Any state assistance received pursuant to the act shall be used only for public purposes.