Nebraska Revised Statute 84-166
Chapter 84 Section 166
Vital resource emergency; Governor; powers.
Pursuant to the proclamation of a vital resource emergency issued as provided in section 84-164, the Governor by executive order may:
(1) Regulate the operating hours of vital resource consuming instrumentalities including state government, political subdivisions, private institutions, and business facilities to the extent that the regulation is not hazardous or detrimental to the health, safety, or welfare of the people of this state;
(2) Establish a system for the distribution of the supply of energy or vital resource;
(3) Curtail, regulate, or direct the public and private transportation and use of the vital resource which is in short supply, to the extent necessary, so long as such regulation is not hazardous or detrimental to the health, safety, or welfare of the people of this state;
(4) Delegate any administrative authority vested in him or her to the State Energy Office or any other state agency or its respective director; and
(5) Provide for the temporary transfer of directors, personnel, or functions of state departments and agencies for the purpose of carrying out any emergency measures taken pursuant to sections 84-162 to 84-167.
- Laws 1980, LB 954, § 55.