Nebraska Revised Statute 54-640
A commercial dog or cat breeder shall:
(1) Maintain housing facilities and primary enclosures in a sanitary condition;
(2) Enable all dogs and cats to remain dry and clean;
(3) Provide shelter and protection from extreme temperatures and weather conditions that may be uncomfortable or hazardous to the dogs and cats;
(4) Provide sufficient shade to shelter all the dogs and cats housed in the primary enclosure at one time;
(5) Provide dogs and cats with easy and convenient access to adequate amounts of clean food and water;
(6) Provide dogs with adequate socialization. For purposes of this subdivision, adequate socialization means physical contact with other dogs and with human beings, other than being fed;
(7) Assure that a handler's hands are washed before and after handling each infectious or contagious cat;
(8) Maintain a written veterinary care plan developed in conjunction with an attending veterinarian; and
(9) Provide veterinary care without delay when necessary.
Laws 2003, LB 274, § 7;
Laws 2009, LB241, § 10;
Laws 2012, LB427, § 6.