Nebraska Revised Statute 43-287
Chapter 43 Section 287
Impoundment of license or permit issued under Motor Vehicle Operator's License Act; other powers of court; copy of abstract to Department of Motor Vehicles; fine for excessive absenteeism from school; not eligible for ignition interlock permit.
(1) When a juvenile is adjudged to be a juvenile described in subdivision (1), (2), (3)(b), or (4) of section 43-247, the juvenile court may:
(a) If such juvenile holds any license or permit issued under the Motor Vehicle Operator's License Act, impound any such license or permit for thirty days; or
(b) If such juvenile does not have a permit or license issued under the Motor Vehicle Operator's License Act, prohibit such juvenile from obtaining any permit or any license pursuant to the act for which such juvenile would otherwise be eligible until thirty days after the date of such order.
(2) A copy of an abstract of the juvenile court's adjudication shall be transmitted to the Director of Motor Vehicles pursuant to sections 60-497.01 to 60-497.04 if a license or permit is impounded or a juvenile is prohibited from obtaining a license or permit under subsection (1) of this section. If a juvenile whose operator's license or permit has been impounded by a juvenile court operates a motor vehicle during any period that he or she is subject to the court order not to operate any motor vehicle or after a period of impoundment but before return of the license or permit, such violation shall be handled in the juvenile court and not as a violation of section 60-4,108.
(3) When a juvenile is adjudged to be a juvenile described in subdivision (3)(a) of section 43-247 for excessive absenteeism from school, the juvenile court may issue the parents or guardians of such juvenile a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars for each offense or order such parents or guardians to complete specified hours of community service. For community service ordered under this subsection, the juvenile court may require that all or part of the service be performed for a public school district or nonpublic school if the court finds that service in the school is appropriate under the circumstances.
(4) A juvenile who holds any license or permit issued under the Motor Vehicle Operator's License Act and has violated subdivision (3)(b) or (c) of section 28-306, subdivision (3)(b) or (c) of section 28-394, or section 28-1254, 60-6,196, 60-6,197, or 60-6,197.06 shall not be eligible for an ignition interlock permit.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License Act, see section 60-462.